Skin Resurfacing and Natural Repair – Putting Your Own Body’s Growth Factors to Work
We are proud to be one of the Houston, Texas area’s newest and best providers of an exciting procedure known as Automated Micro-Needling, or Collagen Induction Therapy. This radical new approach to skin treatment can work wonders to make an improvement on the appearance and vitality of the skin, thanks to the tiny needles which work to stimulate the skin’s regenerative systems and processes.
With micro-needling, it’s possible to reduce the aging appearance of skin, including the wrinkles and fine lines that are often associated with growing older. Micro-needling can also be used to address long time dermal imperfections and scarring, deep pores, including stretch marks, acne scars, and more.
How It Works:
After an examination, a topical gel is applied to the skin. Based on your current skin condition and the desired effect, the Eclipse Micropen will be turned to an appropriate level of pressure, and then utilized.
The Micropen uses a fast series of movements with 12 micro-needles. Though it may sound intimidating, the sensation is often compared to the feeling of being brushed with light sandpaper. The needles move with enough speed and accuracy to greatly reduce discomfort throughout the process.
- Another product, PRP, or platelet rich plasma, can be applied as well. The benefit of micro-needling is that it can create extremely small micro-channels that allow for a nutrient-rich substance, such as PRP, to be more readily absorbed directly into the skin. As a result, you get an even more enhanced effect. PRP is a relatively new and exciting technology that gives your skin a rich, nutritious injection of plasma that it can use to rebuild collagen and kick start important regenerative processes.
- Healing usually takes between 24 hours and 4 days, depending on the area that is treated, the settings used in the Micropen, and other criteria. Dr. Mitchmore can recommend different products like probiotics from Love MyBody and general home care that can help to speed the recovery process along, but you should find that there is generally very little discomfort. Most people say it feels like that have a sunburn from being at the beach. NOT like the laser treatments that are unsightly and very painful for 4-6 days.
- Time needed to see full results often vary, but over the course of days, weeks, and even months, you should see remarkable improvements to your skin as collagen production increases and restores much needed tone.
- During the initial consultation, Dr. Mitchmore can work with you to determine which treatment schedule and recovery period will be best for top results. In most cases, that will mean 2 to 3 treatments 4-6 weeks apart. Deeper treatment may require more sessions to achieve the desired results.
- With micro-needling, Dr. Mitchmore offers patients in Houston and The Montrose, TX a brand new, very exciting, and very effective way to improve the way that their skin looks and feels. Once primarily used by specialists in the entertainment industry as a way to enhance celebrities’ appearances, LifeSmiles is very proud to bring this new technology, and treatment, to patients who are looking for new ways to bring their skin back to life. Contact our offices for more details, or schedule a treatment at LifeSmiles for your first exam and consultation.